On Saturday I accomplished something that I have never done. I actually ran in the Monument Avenue 10K (yes that is 6.2 miles). For those of you who know me will be suprised becasue I am not a runner, never have been and probably never will be. Every year they have this huge 10K down one of the historic streets in Richmond called Monument Avenue and every year I have said maybe next year I will do it. So since this is our last year here, I had no way out (and my girlfriends peer pressured me into doing it). It was a huge accomplishment for me since the farthest I have ever ran is about 3 miles. This year there was almost 33,000 people running the course, it was pretty crazy sholder to sholder about the first mile. It was a fun course down the beautiful street with bands playing live music and people along the entire way cheering you on. The best part was seeing the finish line and sprinting across it. My legs were really sore the next couple of days, but other than that I felt pretty good. I might even try another one of these races in the future. Maybe next time I will be able to do it a little bit faster because I won't be so out of shape and over weight.
4 years ago
11 comments:
Overweight? Where?? Ya look great! Glad you did it!
You do look great makelle!! And it is so fun...It was my first too and wish I had done it more. Ang is great at the peer pressure for running that thing! :) Way to go!!
Sweet! Way to go!
Training to actually do something is the only way that gets me to exercise! It makes it so much better.
You look great!
I can't wait for you guys to be back! I can hardly believe it's almost been 4 years!!!
Yeah! Nice work. I keep telling people who ask "yeah, it was fun!" But I SO did not think that while I was running! Hindsight, I guess. Kinda like pregnancy. Oh, I meant to ask you because of the whole c-section thing, my scar area was SO sore after the race. I was wondering if it was just me or if you felt that too?
Congrats, Makelle! That's awesome!
Congratulations! That is a GREAT accomplishment. You definitely deserve a pat on the back. Way to go!
WOOT WOOT!! Yay for liking the 10k.
Makelle, you are a freakin' rockstar! That is so wonderful that you ran the 10K! BTW, you are looking so great! Good job:)
Makelle, be quiet. You're lookin' awesome!! Seriously. I'm not kidding. You look great!
Too bad I couldn't get my photo taken with you at the race, oh well. :(
Way to go!!! You're inspiring me to get my butt in gear. I may be open to a 10k. I can't wait to see you in a few months.
Nice work!! That is a huge accomplishment. I hate hate hate running so I can totally relate to you. However, you succumbed to the running. I never will!! And what is this talk about overweight? Stop that!!
Post a Comment