Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

Our Easter celebration kicked off yesterday with the annual dying and decorating of the Easter eggs. This event usually starts about a week before it actually happens with Coleman asking about every 5-10 minutes, "Mom? Can we dye some eggs now? Mom? Can we boil the eggs so we can dye them?" So finally he got the nod that we could go ahead and actually start the event. After we died the eggs we went to the ward Easter egg hunt and pot luck dinner. We had to do it at the church this year because of some nasty weather. The kids had a great time. When we got home the kids went straight to bed in hopes the Easter Bunny would pay a visit. Surprisingly enough, despite their everyday actions, he did come and actually left some goodies. Coleman got his Razor scooter he's been asking for. He had a 3 wheel Spider Man scooter, but all the 'big' guys' scooters have only 2 wheels so now he's a big guy. Ashy got a new Barbie and kept saying, "Daddy, Mommy, I love her so so much. I just love her." Lando got a new, super loud train that he is definitely diggin'. Hope everyone has a good Easter.
After the Easter egg hunt showing off their loot.
The first take of the above picture. Makelle was taking the picture and counted to three. When she got to three Landon just happened to be in the picture. The kid is quick. What can I say.
Ashlyn so excited to see what is inside.


I've never seen such concentration before.
After weeks of anticipation it is finally time!



Landon's new favorite food. Trix yogurt.

6 comments:

Mom G said...

Happy Easter! looks like lots of fun!

Hksedwick said...

Dying Easter eggs is so much fun!!

Sandi said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Maricia said...

Makelle,
Hey I came across your blog from Lyndee's. Your kids are too cute! I'm impressed with the 10k that's awesome! I've been thinking about it....I just need to do it! Hope all is well!

pmkennedy said...

What a fun Easter Morning!! I can't believe how much you're children have grown since we've known you, time flies. We'll miss you guys, have fun with the move!

Erin said...

Hey, Kate & Sofia have those same blue plaid (sp?) Gymboree shorts (to the knees). We should get those girls all together for a picture!

~Erin