Friday, January 30, 2009

Landon's Latest

So it's not that I love Landon any more than my other kids, it is just that he hits a lot of mile stones his first year so that is why Landon gets his own post. He is now 5 months old and growing like crazy. He is a lot happier baby these days and will almost always smile back when smiled at. He loves to make lots of noise and his latest is he loves looking in the mirror at himself and just grins from ear to ear and makes lots of grunting squealing noises. He is cutting his first tooth and along with that comes the drool then chapped chin. He came down with RSV while we were in Utah of course and our insurance doesn't cover out of state, so luckily my father-in-law is a respiratory therapist and one of my cousins had a nebulizer and some medication. So after a lot of treatments and about five gallons of snot sucked out of his nose he got better without having to be in the hospital. He is just starting to sleep better at night, most nights he only wakes up once around 4 or 5, which is doable for me and I feel semi-normal after a night like that. The pictures above will help explain and show some of the stuff he is doing at this point in his little life.

1. Landon with Great Grandma Tuttle, he loved her and would smile big old grins at her.
2. He has discovered his tongue and loves to sit and stick it out all the time, especially when smiling.
3. Jeremy is already perfecting his 3 point stance, notice the big drool dripping from his mouth.
4. A typical concerned face by Landon.
5. Landon adores his big brother and sister, he will just sit around and watch them for hours. Coleman can get Landon smiling and laughing faster than anyone else. Hopefully they will be good little buddies as they grow up.
6. My kids are always a little chunky, but Landon is on the larger side of being overweight even the bumbo chair get stuck on his fat rolls as he tries to exit. I feel your pain Lando.
7. Landon and Grandpa Erickson. Landon loves to make this face and then he makes little monkey noises.
8. He got his first cereal at 4 months and didn't quite know what to think about it. The first few bites were followed with sour faces and dry heaves.
9. He is getting close to sitting up on his own, he will do it for a few seconds then he slowly folds in half til his face and rear end are flat on the floor, it is a good thing he is flexible or he would break in half.
10. Just a cute little Landon grin.

7 comments:

Jani Jo said...

I was happy to see your latest blog update; you had such a GREAT holiday season (minus the RSV)! I loved all the fun pictures! I especially loved Landon's #10 picture-- what a grin:)

Jani Jo said...

BTW, I remembered that you were going to do the "Project 365" and I saw some great templates on this site: http://shop.scrapbookgraphics.com/product.php?productid=23137&cat=0&page=1

Anyway, just thought I'd pass that on:)

Aly said...

I can't believe he is already five months. Time flies. It feels like you just had him! He is so adorable, just like your other kids.
You are doing Project 365? How is that coming. I thought about it but wasn't sure how I would do it, since i don't scrap online but by hand.

Mom G said...

What a Q-T! Love #10!

Lindsey said...

What a cute baby! And I'm so glad he is starting to sleep better. Thanks for the birthday card, I got it in the mail a few days ago. Oh, it's so fun to open stuff like that!

LynDee said...

I am so sorry about the RSV. I am glad that Utah is still in the picture for you guys, we will eventually see you guys more! ha. Anyway, kids look so cute. Landon is growing so fast. IT was fun to see you guys briefly on Christmas eve.

Chelsey said...

He's so cute! I can see a lot of Jeremy in him. :)