Monday, September 22, 2008

One Month Old

I am a few days late and I forgot to take a picture, but Landon is now one month old, how the time flies. Last week Jeremy was on a dental rotation in southern Virginia so his mom flew out to help me and thank goodness she was here. It is pretty challenging trying to take care of three little ones with two people and I can't imagine doing it all by myself. Coleman is still liking school and even asked after coming home one day if he could go back that same day. His teacher still adores him. Ashlyn had so much fun with GG reading books all day. Landon is still growing, Jeremy said that he had grown a lot in the week he was gone. Everyone that sees him says that he looks just like a Guenter and more like Ashlyn than Coleman. If so I guess he will be a beautiful boy. He is getting colicky and it is really frustrating. About 8pm every night he starts to cry and cringe and it lasts about an hour or two and nothing helps, believe me I have tried it all drugs, walks, wrapping, etc. I was hoping that at least one of my kids would not be colicky, but no such luck. Maybe it is me or my milk, who knows. Hopefully it won't last long. Despite the crying we still love the little guy and are so grateful that we have been given the opportunity to raise this little spirit.

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Austin was VERY colicy. There is some prescription gas drops that work quite well. Even though I swore I would NEVER forget the name, I did. But also, there is this stuff called "Gripe Water." It's sold at Rock Canyon Pharmacy - just up from Will's Pit Stop (in Provo). You should ask your mom to send you some. It worked wonders with my kids. Good luck!

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

I'm sorry that he is colicky. Isn't that about the same time that Ashlyn got fussy too? That is so hard! But they are so worth it!

LynDee said...

I cant believe he is already one month. Although it has probably been a long month for you! I feel sad cause we don't even know your kids really, but we feel we do, I am like so proud of Coleman for you and for doing so well in kindergarten and soccer. My boys will be in the same situation with school but I think I will wait an extra year--but I guess you never know until they get that age and he obviously was ready. I am hoping that with that birthday they will be able to get into a preschool a yr early to give me a break..3 yrs of preschool cant hurt em right!!ha. Anyway, Landon and Ashlyn are so cute too and hopefully in the next couple years our kids can get to know each other.
As far as the colicky stuff goes, I have come to the conclusion that it is all in the package. Of course you never stop trying new things(which you've probably done) but it is just the way they are sent to us...hence my little fireball..Cali. So my advice is to give up the Mom guilt. Now I just need to take my own advice! Any Utah Christmas plans?

Molly said...

that is so hard when they don't stop crying! He sure is cute though!