Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Naughty Kids

My kids have been obsessed lately with markers, Ashlyn especially. A couple days ago I came downstairs to find this:
My kids just covered in marker. So I cleaned them best I could and told them not to do it again, yeah right.
Today was a rough one, Landon would not go down for a nap (nothing unusual) so I was upstairs trying to rock him to sleep with no avail so I just laid him in his bassinet screaming. And came down stairs to find my little girl looking like this:
And my carpet looking like this:
She also had a poopy diaper so as I went to change it I took off her pants and her legs were also completely covered in marker. They were pretty much black front and back. So I changed her diaper and had to clean her legs but my bathtub had just been caulked and it needed to dry so I put her in the sink as a punishment instead, or at least I thought. She loved it and had a blast.
In the mean time Landon was still screaming upstairs so I ran up to try and rock him again with out any luck. So after a couple minutes I ran back downstairs to check on Ashlyn in the sink and I found her with a large cup dumping water all over my kitchen floor. Uggh. My kids are driving me nuts and it doesn't help that Landon is the worst sleeper in the world and I am tired beyond measure. I always thought I would have a big family, but my three have changed my mind. I think I am good with what I have. If I can stay sane just with these ones I will consider myself lucky.
Here is another one of my crazy little two year old. The other day she was just sitting on the couch sucking her big toe wearing her sun glasses, go figure.

8 comments:

Erin said...

I wish I could help you! We need to live closer!

Jani Jo said...

I cannot even imagine how frustrating this must be...but it sure sounds/looks entertaining on your blog:) I woke up with marker on MY face once from Braxton. He said, "I couldn't find any paper." I think you are doing great raising 3 cute and capable children.

Sara said...

Hang in there! You are doing a great job, and one day I
m sure they will thank you for it:) Whenever m ykids are driving me crazy lately, I try to play that song iin my head: "Your gonna miss this" sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't! Good luck and i hope you get some sleep- soon!!!

Sandi said...

Wow! What a day! You're a great mom. Hang in there!

Hksedwick said...

Well I have to say, I am sorry for your hard times, but these stories make AWESOME blog material, Rich and I were cracking up.

Lindsey said...

I think as moms we're just lucky if we survive! You're kiddos are so cute. I can't believe how big Landon is already. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

Mom G said...

Oh, Ashlyn! I'm so sorry, Makelle. I remember similar experiences and they were NOT so fun at the time.

Ashley M said...

Makelle! She is beautiful. I can't wait to have kids I think I drive my husband bonkers! Anyway, you picked great names for your kiddos. Love them all