My second family growing up had yet another tragedy in their family. On Saturday night Hutch Henrie was killed in a car accident in Salt Lake City. Hutch was best friends with my older brother and it was through him that I met his little sister and became best friends with Ashley. Their family has had, to say the least their fair share of challenges. Ashley was killed in a car accident in 2001 and a few years later their mom, Verna passed away from cancer, now another one of their family members was taken from this life. I can't even comprehend what that family is going through now again for the third time in just a few years. Their dad Steve (aka Dude), is one of the kindest most loving men I have ever known. He has a deep grumbling voice that is unmistakable anywhere, he would always give the biggest bear hugs that made you feel loved. My heart breaks for him and what he has had to go through. Hutch was always fun and full of energy. If you were ever bored or down you just had to be around Hutch for a few seconds and he would have you laughing and doing something fun. I spent a lot of my life in Jr High and High school at the Henrie's house and on vacations with them, and will forever remember their family as part of my own. My prayers are with them at this troubling time.
4 years ago

4 comments:
Makelle, I am so sorry about your friend. Please know we're thinking about you...
Makelle, I am in shock and just feel sick. Isn't there a limit on the amount of heartache we have to experience. Give my love to the Henry's. They will surely be in my prayers.
That is the saddest thing I have ever heard! No family should have to go through that much!
I can't believe this! I had no idea that their mom passed away too! I can't stop thinking about them! i still remember the day you called me about Ashley...so so sad!
Post a Comment