We took a little vacation and went to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. It was a beautiful as everyone has said. We went with our good friends Sara, Steve and Addyson Chandler. It was a quick trip, we left Wednesday morning and drove the 3 hours to Kill Devil Hills and played on the beach til dinner time. Our hotel was just steps from the sand, very convenient. We got cleaned up and went to a little local sea food restaurant and drove around looking at the quaint towns along the shore. We then put the kids to bed and played cards for a while until I couldn't stay awake anymore. Thursday morning we got up and hit the beach again until we had to check out. We then went to lunch and drove to the Bodie Island Lighthouse. By then we were hot and tired and made the trek home. It was a fun trip and just the thing we needed to get out of the house and have some family fun. The only down fall was that it was so hot and so humid, but the water felt great to cool off in.
Coleman had so much fun and didn't even mind getting a little bit dirty. His favorite thing was to collect sea shells. He now has a bowl of them above his bed. He wrote his own name in the sand and let Jeremy bury his body in the sand. He just couldn't get used to the salt water and would spit and foam if any got in his mouth or nose.

Ashlyn's feet in the sand, Coleman at the Bodie Island Lighthouse, both kids cheesing for the camera.

Ashlyn on the other hand could have cared less how dirty or sandy she was, I think the more the better for her. She loved to roll around in the sand and run into the waves. It was hilarious to watch her when the wave would go back out she kept loosing her balance and had a hard time standing. She was fearless and would just run into the waves and loved to be out and lifted up when the big ones hit.
8 comments:
Looks like great fun! I'm glad you took a break. The kids look like they had a wondeful time!
That is one of my dream places to go! I've always wanted to visit the outer banks.
P.S. I love the picture of you on the side of your blog with your cute belly. Good luck with everything in the upcoming weeks!
sooo fun! I LOVE the OBX...but you know that. so jealous, really. Glad you got to do that before the little one comes...and no injuries for Sara, I hope....
Fun! That place has always been dreamy to me. Probably from books that I have read! But how fun! Looks like you guys had a blast!
I've been to Kill Devil Hills a couple of times- I love that area!! I'm so glad that you got to enjoy it- looks like you had a great time!!
Yay I found your blog...way cute! Looks like you guys have been having tons of fun! I can't believe all of your sewing projects. You are so good! :)
looks like so much fun! we love the beach!
Since stretch marks are the mark of a real woman, I'm guessing that skid marks are the mark of a real man? I don't know. It makes sense, doesn't it?
Post a Comment