Friday, May 1, 2009

My First Goodbye

Today Landon had his 9 month check up (a little early) with our Pediatrician Dr. Chun today. Landon is a big and healthy boy weighing in at 22 lbs. (80%) and is 28.5 inches (75%). But at the end of the visit I had to say my first goodbye to someone we have met and got to know out here. I kind of got a little choked up because of many reasons. It really hit me that we are leaving Virginia for good in just a short 3 weeks and in that time we are going to have to say good bye to a lot of people. I have just loved our pediatrician out here. I got to know him very well after Ashlyn was born and through her problems after birth, I think I was at his office once a week for about 3 months when she was little. He has always been so calm, positive and reassuring, I really will miss him and hope to find another doctor as good as he. But besides him, there will be lots and lots of people that I am going to have a hard time leaving, we truly have LOVED it here. The last 4 years I can really say have been some of the best years of my life. I have made some of the best friends I have ever had, and have depended and leaned on them like family because we haven't had any close by. Occasionally I find myself thinking maybe we should just stay here because we do love it so much. I am excited to move back home to Utah and be with all my family and friends, but I think I will be leaving a big chunk of my heart in Virginia.

4 comments:

Jessica F. said...

Don't go!!! It is so crazy that you are really going back to Utah... not that we ever see you out here but it is a HUGE comfort to know we have cousins/friends in the state!
Good luck with your move. We wish you the best!!!

Nicole said...

Oh...you made me teary eyed. the goodbyes are still so fresh to me. You do leave a chunk of your heart behind. Enjoy the last three weeks...it is sad but so many fun thungs happen to! Good luck with packing and gala and graduation! And it was some of the best years of my life as well!

Hksedwick said...

You will be missed.

Richard

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

I can't believe you are done and that your kiddos are getting so big! Congrats!