This year Halloween was pretty laid back. We had a trunk-or-treat at church on the Friday before Halloween. Before the the kids went trick-or treating in the parking lot of the church there was dinner and then some games. Chili was the special of the night because it was a chili cook off. Our chili lost. :( There was also a pumpkin carving contest. Coleman and I (Jeremy) entered the contest. Coleman's was Mr Incredible and mine was an evil tooth fairy. Neither one of our pumpkins got an award. :( There were some pretty creative pumpkins though. Coleman and I had fun anyway. It was hilarious to see his face when we opened up the pumpkins. He was not about to touch that gunk. The kids got plenty of candy and wanted to eat it all that night, of course. Then the real Halloween was the following Friday and of course Makelle and I had to take the kids out again. We went with our friends the Chandlers. Coleman and Addyson were Trick-or-treating champs and little Ashlyn did her best to keep up with them in her "ci-ci-rella" dress. Her bucket got so full that she could barely carry it, but would not let me or Makelle help her. Between Halloween parties Makelle was able to go home to Utah for her Grandpa's funeral. Thanks to all who helped make that happen. It was good for her to be able to be with her her family during that time. Well, now our goal is to make it to Thanksgiving in one piece. Life with three kids is crazy business. I'm just glad I have such a patient wife who is so good with the kids. Some day I might develop the same kind of patience with the kids.....it will probably be when they move out.
We couldn't think of a family theme so we were a good mix.
4 comments:
Good job, Jeremy! It's good to see that guys can blog, too. We always love checking out your family blog.
Those pumpkins are awesome! But I'm still a better pumpkin carver than all your kids. I refuse to let children beat me at anything. I'm the best.
I am impressed with you posting-jeremy. I have to tell Chad our address every time he looks it up. (and it is saved in the favorites) I am impressed with the pumpkins too. We still have 5 pumpkins sitting on our porch and they remain uncarved!
Those pumpkins are amazing! The kids look so cute and so do you Makelle!
Post a Comment