So after MUCH contemplation I actually signed Coleman up for Kindergarten yesterday. For the last 6 months or more I have really been thinking of what I will do with Coleman and school (and all my kids so far will be in the same boat). Since his birthday is in September he will either be the oldest or the youngest in his grade. Jeremy and I had many discussions about what is better and the pros and cons of both. Coleman is a very smart little boy already reading books and can write all the letters of the alphabet. Until a week ago I had made up my mind that I was going to hold him back and put him in preschool (I already had him signed up and everything) so he would be the oldest in his grade. But lately I have just felt that he needs to go to school and he gets so bored around here and he is definitely smart enough to start. So after much thought, discussions with family, etc. We decided to put him in Kindergarten. I went to his school and signed him up and still can't believe that my little boy will be in public school in just a couple of months. Out here Kindergarten is full days M-F, 8-2. He will also ride the bus, which scares me but he will be going with his best friend Hayden and hopefully they will look out for each other.
4 years ago

3 comments:
Very exciting! Dallyn starts too and can't wait. Wish he was going with Coleman! I can't believe these little boys are big enough to be going to school!
Oh wish we could be there for them all to go to school together. That would be so great! And coleman is definitely ready for school...he is a smart boy!! And what great days for you since you will have another around...
It was difficult for me to send Austin to pre-school and Kindergarten. Dang, they just grow up SO fast!
Post a Comment