Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt

On Saturday before Easter my friend Sara and I put together the annual Easter Egg Hunt at a park close by (we were asked to do it this year because the people that started it graduated last year). It was a lot of preparation and work but it turned out really good. We had a egg hunt, each child got 7 candy filled eggs, then there were a bunch of little candy spots. After the egg hunt all the families had a big pot luck dinner. There were over 100 people there and the only bad part is that is started to rain after dinner. The kids loved it and it made a good excuse not to have another egg hunt on Easter morning, they had plenty of candy.

Jeremy helped the kids while I manned the candy spots and took some pictures.

I had to post this because it is such a cute and funny little expression.

Coleman was loving the hunt and was running as fast as he could and
finished in about 30 seconds.

Ashlyn trying to crack open the eggs (to get the candy inside of course) at first grab.

The kids enjoying the spoils of the hunt!

4 comments:

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

Wish I was there! So fun!

Rachel said...

The candy spots are such a cute idea! Very impressive you put that together!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for all your hard work! The hunt was way fun and very well put together!

Jani Jo said...

This was the greatest egg hunt! I think you did a perfect job. That was such a fun park. Braxton loved every minute of it! Thanks for all of your hard work. Plus the dinner was delicious!